We’ve all seen the news stories and know a friend or relative that has been disappointed with their wedding photographs. I had several very upset couples call me and say they have a disk of images and can I do anything with them?
It’s a real sad state of affairs that this still happens and on a regular basis. Either the images are out of focus, or under exposed, or not correctly cropped. So how do you know you’ve chosen the right photographer to photograph your wedding in Goole and Selby? Unfortunately it’s not easy but by following a few simple guidelines you can cut the risk of being left with substandard images.
- 1. How many weddings has the photographer shot? We shoot weddings all year long. Last year alone we photographed 50 weddings (all over Yorkshire – Selby, Goole, Pontefract, York, Castleford).
- 2. Backup equipment – has he / she got any? We carry spares of everything. The last thing I’d want to do is miss any of your wedding if my camera went wrong. So if it does, it goes in the camera bag and the spare one comes out and we don’t miss a thing!
- 3. Insurance – professional indemnity and public liability? Yes we carry both for several reasons of which you wouldn’t think of until it happens. Ask at the studio!
- 4. Any qualification? Besides having a distinction with the Royal Photographic Society, I’m also a Qualified Master Photographer following a strict code of professional conduct and also won the Northern Wedding Photographer of the Year 2016.
- 3. Full time or part time Leeds Wedding Photographer? – does the photographer just shoot at weekends or is it a full time occupation and he/she shoots during the week? Again you may ask what the issue is here but what if you need to ask a question, or meet up through the day, will you be able to? After your wedding how much time will be spent processing your images and building your album will the photographer take? If he has a full time job besides photographing your wedding, your photographs may take a back seat whilst other more important things get done so don’t expect anything to be done quickly.
Based in Selby, Martin Hillary Photography are well placed as Leeds and York Wedding Photographers for your special day